Monday, January 12, 2015

Inserting plain text references in Paperpile

I used to use zotero for reference management, but now I use paperpile since it is a bit more stable. One peculiarity of paperpile is that it only provides plug-in for google docs (an advantage in my opinion) since it is easier to collaborate over google docs.

I often encounter having to insert references from a formatted paper in some document format like ms word where the original dynamic references inserted by a reference manager was lost. Doing this manually is very tedious.

There is a work around for this that worked very well when I used it:

and paste the reference list in the window of the crossref site, which returns nicely formatted references.

on the output and uploaded the resulting bibtex file to Paperpile.

Very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment